Sunday, March 20, 2011

Doh!

Almost made it! Time to ply the last of the wool I had been spinning.

I seriously thought I had enough green and blue for those two colors to be the only ones on this little box.

I enjoyed spinning the yarn on a drop spindle. It was a color sample pack I picked up somewhere. I would take my drop spindle all over with me and attract attention. People would ask questions, and I'd show them my spinning. They would ask what I was going to make. "Yarn"! It was too scratchy for anything you would wear as a knit, and too little of it for weaving on the loom.

Then I started this little box while waiting for my daughter to get off my warping board. I found the perfect use for my hanging yarn wall decorations! Not sure what I'm going to do with a little yarn basket bag, but it is more compact than skeins on my wall.

No comments: